My husband and I wanted to add an addition to our home for years before we finally decided to act on the idea. However, we then realized that we desperately needed to update our kitchen, as well. Before we started the remodeling process, we prepared for what we expected: stress. We made sure we cleared our calendars and didn't have any other major commitments during the remodeling process. However, once we began planning the renovations, we quickly learned that we were actually having a lot of fun! The renovation process also went very smoothly and, now that the process is over, we both joke around that it feels "too quiet" in hear without the company of the contractors. I enjoyed t all so much I decided to start a blog to share my remodeling tips to help others who will soon be taking the plunge!
Are you a commercial property owner? If so, the type of roof on your property could be affecting your profits. For example, if your roof needs replacing or if it is made out of materials that are not energy efficient, you could be spending more on energy bills
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing is a type of roofing that is sometimes referred to as "cool roofing." This is because it may offer energy savings to commercial property owners.
Quick View of Benefits
- If you are interested in making your property more "green," then TPO roofing is a good choice. An additional benefit is that it does not degrade when exposed to UV radiation.
- TPO roofing is 100% recyclable. By making an investment, you can help prevent roofing waste from entering landfills, which can reduce your business's carbon footprint.
- TPO roofing is also resistant to punctures. If your property is located in an area with tall trees, a roofing material such as asphalt shingles could get damaged by fallen limbs. Also, consider whether you are in an area that is prone to severe weather. Inclement weather and less durable roofing materials may also result in damaged roofs, which is why TPO may be a better option.
- When TPO roofing is installed in warmer climates, there is a reduced chance of heat island effects occurring in hot weather. This results in less heat coming into the property through the roof. As a result, less energy is required to keep buildings cool.
- Employees may have a harder time concentrating if your building is too hot. Cool roofing could make your employees more productive due to more comfortable building temperatures. Also, keep in mind that if you own a retail location that is excessively hot, you could lose customers, which may impact your business profits.
- Various installation options are available. This means that this material adheres to virtually any type of commercial roof. The method of installation will depend on the existing roof.
- TPO roofing comes in different thicknesses. This allows owners to choose a customized roofing solution. Thicker membranes offer more insulation.
A commercial roofing contractor (such as Central States Roofing) is the best resource to use to determine if TPO roofing is a good "cool roofing" solution for your commercial property. They can also determine the correct thickness of TPO membranes based on your budget and other factors, and they can help you figure out whether or not your business could qualify for tax savings or other incentives for investing in an energy efficient roofing material.